Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Maskfest 2013 Recap

Another Maskfest has come and gone. Once again it was an amazing time! I know I say this every year, but it was my all-time fav. There were certainly more monster masks in one room that in previous years (and that's no small task). And while those rubber monsters were an excellent back drop for a good time,  I had an even better time hanging out with old friends,  meeting a few new mask makers,  and putting faces to some collectors I have known for a while but never met in person.

This was the first year that the Devil's Workshop had two tables at Maskfest. A big thanks goes out to both Lancaster Matt and Clinton the Convention Crusher for all their help in setting up and manning the booths.


In another first, my wife and I screen printed two-color mask tags exclusively for the show...



I have a handful left that will accompany any mask purchased in the upcoming months.

I also brought the largest display piece the Devil's Workshop has ever produced in the form of the De-Luxe Gayle House Ghoul. The piece was scooped up and sold an hour before the show opened to the public, so this is the first photo of the Ghoul that most folks have seen...

I made quite a large oversight by not taking any photos of my own tables. But thanks to Klung1, I was able to snag a few to share here...


 The "Kustoms" table shown above contains a whooping 28 kustom painted pieces, mostly of the Topstone and Don Post Studios variety. The table to the right in the photos was exclusively Devil's Workshop original work.

Some of the pieces on the Devil's Workshop table included this one-of-a-kind Maskfest Excluse Glow-in-the-Dark Brain Eater...

 The Mani-Yak Creature was debutted at Maskfest '13, and both copies sold the very first day. Keep an eye out here for it's public release during the first week of October...
The '68 Super Demon (released this past Summer) made it's Maskfest debut and both copies sold too! A big thanks goes out to all the collectors that made the fest a very successful one for the Devil's Workshop!

Finally, the dime-store version of the Gayle House Ghoul also made it's Maskfest debut. I made a peg-board display complete with a sign topper in it's honor...

I know we're a long way off, but I'm really looking forward to Maskfest 2014. Once again, thanks to EA and the rest of the organizers and volunteers, and all those that attended and made the show an unbelievable time! See you next time :-)